Wednesday, July 30th

Dear Diary,

It's Brian Cashman again. Ugh... as soon as I heard the news that Jorge had his season-ending surgery, I could feel the presence of Hank coming down the hall to tear me a new one. He's coming now... shit! I'm going to jump into the emergency exit hatch I had installed last week for just this case... come on diary, here we go!

...

Ugh, where am I? How long have I been unconscious? Wait, is that my cell phone ringing? Wow this a small phone... must be Japanese... hang on... Oh man diary, you will not believe this! Check out this conversation:

Me: Hello?
Dave: Hey Brian, it's Dave Dombrowski.
Me: Oh hey man, how goes it in Florida?
Dave: What do you mean? This isn't vacation time. I got a trade offer for you.
Me: OK I'm listening.
Dave: I want Kyle Farnsworth, and I'll give you Pudge.
Me: ...OK... [what the hell? Isn't Farnsworth a Cub? Did I trade for him? Did Freddy? Oh well, just roll with it] yeah that sounds good. You sure you won't miss Ivan?
Dave: Nah we got a backup. I'll send over the paperwork.
Me: Ooh, I might have to go to Kinkos to get that... Y2K really messed with our systems.
Dave: ...whatever. Just let me know where you need it.

I can't believe I got the reigning MVP for a guy who's not even on our team! I don't know what Dave was smoking, but fuck yeah!

-Brian Cashman

No comments: